Wednesday, April 27th, 2022: 3D Community News
ILM has shared with the CGI community a new video that showcases its multi-disciplinary generalists, as part of seeking new talented artists to join its team.
This is a one-of-a-kind video, talking about the multi-disciplinary generalist role in CGI. As described, a “Generalist” is an artist that possesses a high degree of proficiency across multiple disciplines including modeling, lighting, texturing, shading/look development, FX, matte painting, animation, shot composition, and rendering.” In short, an artist who has the knowledge of the whole CGI pipeline.
Enlisted below are some of the key quotes in this video with the artist’s name:
- Falk Boje (Generalist artist supervisor), “The generalist idea is growing with the idea of stagecraft and virtual production”.
- Enrico Damm (Visual effects supervisor), “Because you are touching a lot of different things, it will allow you to just open a lot of different doors”.
- Matt Anderson (Generalist), “That is what I love about generalists, is one day you will be making a model, next day animating or running a simulation or compositing”.
- Richard Bluff (Visual effects supervisor), “These are iconic shots that a single individual created from start to finish like a fly to neverland”.
- Rohit Nayak (Lead Generalist), “There is a way an artist can communicate with the people and a world without blocks”.
If you are a generalist, animator, or compositor and wish to join ILM check these JOBS.
Enjoy watching this one-of-a-kind video now!
ILM, “Industrial Light & Magic”, is an American motion picture visual effects company and it was founded in May 1975 by George Lucas. It is a division of the film production company Lucasfilm. It was created when Lucas began production of the famous film “Star Wars”.