In this 3.5 hours tutorial, you can learn how to generate complex-looking trees by using Speedtree 9. It is considered an intermediate-level tutorial, using Maya, Houdini, Speed Tree, and Redshift to achieve the final look.
Some of the chapters described in this workshop are:
- Generating the main trunk, branches, and leaves.
- Growing the Roots.
- Exporting the Tree into Houdini with textures.
- Procedurally instance a leaf using point cloud in Houdini.
- Creating leaf shader in Houdini.
- Exporting and setting up shaders of the tree in Maya.
- Final montage output using SpeedTree, Houdini, ZBrush and Guerilla Render.
The Gnomon Workshop offers two subscription types. Monthly ($49/month) or yearly ($490/year) to access all their workshops. There is also 25% bonus discount for active Gnomon’s Workshop subscribers, which will expire on May 16, 2022.
For more details about this interesting workshop click HERE.
Enjoy watching this amazing 2-minutes demonstration video, created by Jean Michel Bihorel.
Jean Michel Bihorel, a French 3D artist, has been working in the film industry and commercials since 2008, as a generalist and look-dev lighting supervisor. He has great experience in the whole production pipeline.