Thursday, February 17th, 2022: 3D Community News
J Hill, a professional character artist, shared this valuable tutorial on how he created the shaders and rendered one of his latest 3D characters called “Demo Girl”.
It is a series of tutorials he decided to make, presenting the whole workflow of creating hyper-realistic 3D characters.
In this part, he covers some basic topics such as:
- Setting up the scene and lighting with different scenarios.
- Skin shader material and assigning textures.
- The use of displacement and coat layer.
- Painting custom masks and exporting textures from the painter.
- Layered and makeup materials setup.
- Finishing up and the final render.
If you are interested in creating hyper-realistic 3d characters, this is a must tutorial to watch!
Check also this Character Art tutorial, if you want to learn many techniques from scratch.
J Hill is a professional 3D character artist working in the games industry. He has the passion to help other artists, who are interested in digital art, by sharing tips, tricks, techniques, and in-depth tutorials using ZBrush for sculpting and modeling.