RenderRam has recently shared 10 basic but useful tips and tricks for 3DS Max users.
It uncovers these 10 “hidden gems” in two parts as the following:
In the First Part:
- 2D and 2.5D Snap. What is the difference between them and when to use each one.
- Edit Triangulation. How to retriangulate and fix you editable poly.
- Select and Place tool. Very useful tool to place and distribute your assets.
- Configure Modifier Sets. How to add a modifier set, for an easy access.
- Create Selection Sets. How to use selection sets on sub-level editable poly.
In the Second Part:
- Place Highlights. Very useful in placing the highlights on objects in the desired place.
- Safe Frames and Grids. Understand them and learn how to nicely place put them for proper use in composition.
- Quad menu “Repeat the last action”. Learn how to do repeat the last action.
- Quadify all. Ribbon tool to fix triangulated models.
- Shape Check. Fast and easy check on what is wrong with your shape and fix it.
Enjoy this 14-minutes full of handful tips video below:
RenderRam is a YouTube channel full of useful tips, tricks, and tutorials.