The company announced that the Houdini 19 is coming geared with many new features that will support Game, Vfx, and Film artists in their pipeline.
- SideFX Solaris, support Layout, Lighting, and Rendering.
- Support access for Karma Render (Sidefx In-House Renderer).
- Solaris New Brush tool for large-scale populating.
- Karma XPU Alpha fast GPU rendering tool.
- KineFx, a new way of producing motion and manipulating motion.
- Mocap Streaming.
- Motion Tools and Ragdolls.
- Muscles System.
- CFx is a significant new iteration of the hair grooming toolset.
- Modeling designed a resilient algorithm that does well under procedural stress.
- Poly & UV Tools
- Bezier Handles support in the pipeline.
- Volume Deformation.
- Python API support rather than C plus plus API.
- VFX, updating the solvers for real-time solvers for game dev or VFX.
- Vertex Animation Textures.
- Vellum solver (unified multi-Solver)
Enjoy watching this one and half fascinating presentation about Houdini 19:
SideFX has been one of the leading procedural software developers since 1987 and was first started by Kim Davidson and Greg Hermanovic – animation enthusiasts with a flair for UNIX coding. In 1985 they joined Omnibus. They are famous for Houdini, which plays a big part in the feature film VFX.