Unwrella was first introduced to the CGI society back in 2008 as an unwrapping plugin for Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya that can do automatic unwrapping and killing this tedious bullshit job. For more than a decade, this fantastic plugin supports CGI artists with several updated versions.
Some of the cool features it offers are:
- Crack, Flatten, Project three unwrapping modes for optimal results.
- Unfolding monstrosities can handle 100.000 to million polygon objects.
- Engineered for rapid workflow, batch processing of large quantities of assets.
- Unwrap dozens or even hundreds of objects with a single click.
- Mastering of UV space, Pack UV results of massive geometry efficiently.
We encourage you to watch this short 3 minutes demo taking you through all its features.
Unwrella 4 comes with two types of subscriptions for 3ds Max or Maya. One Man Army 149€ for freelancers and Equip your studio for 596€ suitable for studios with five-seat licenses. You can also try it for a free Demo from Here.
3diostudio was founded in Wiesbaden, Germany, in 1999 as a developer studio for edutainment and adventure video games. To optimize their production pipeline, they wrote their plugins and software.